COVID-19 Photoshoot Production Policy
We are structuring our photoshoot productions to provide maximum safety and prevent the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC wants to assure you of its commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. These measures are intended to protect you, your coworkers and families from the spread of COVID-19. As part of those efforts, we are implementing a COVID-19 Photoshoot Production Policy.
Importance of Social Distancing
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that one of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19 is limiting face-to-face contact with others, known as social distancing or physical distancing. The Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) similarly recommends increased social distancing when preparing workplaces to respond to COVID-19.
This Social Distancing Policy is a key part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Although knowledge about the virus and how it spreads are evolving, based on the information we have now, these measures will help curb its spread. Compliance with this policy is essential because current consensus on the virus suggests, among other things, that:
- COVID-19 is highly contagious.
- COVID-19 spreads mostly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet, or two arms' lengths) for a prolonged time period (between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the distance).
- The virus generally spreads when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks and droplets from their mouth or nose get in the air and land in the mouths or noses of nearby people.
- A person who has the virus may not have any symptoms but may still spread COVID-19.
- A person can get COVID-19 by touching another person, such as with a handshake, or by touching another surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes.
- The virus can live on surfaces for up to several days, depending on the surface and other conditions.
For these reasons, the CDC and other public health experts have recommended limiting contact with other people and common surfaces to limit the spread of COVID-19. We need your full cooperation and compliance with these measures to make them effective in this new work environment.
Social Distancing Measures
Following the CDC's guidance, Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC requires that you comply with the following protocols and procedures while on-set or on-location.
- No crew or clients will be allowed to attend photoshoots if they had any COVID-19 symptoms over the past 14 days. Check with the CDC for currently updated information.
- Minimal crew will be used during photoshoot productions.
- Crew must have a normal temperature reading before entering the studio or location.
- Face masks will be worn at all times.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and used frequently if hand washing is not an option.
- Sanitation wipes will be available and used for cleaning surfaces.
- Photography equipment will be cleaned before, during and after each photoshoot.
- Supplies and equipment will not be shared unless it is an absolute necessity to the production.
- Maintain distances of at least 6 feet.
- Larger studios will be used for better distancing.
- Studio spaces will be marked for proper distancing.
- Keep minimal contact with items on-set.
- Only the photographer will handle all cameras, lenses and accessories.
- Only one assistant or the photographer will handle lighting and grip equipment.
- Only one crew member is allowed to use and touch the computer station.
- Crew & clients may view the computer monitor one at a time while distanced.
- A second sanitized monitor will be available for client viewing from a distance.
- Food & snacks on-set must be from safe sources and wrapped. All attendees are encouraged to provide their own food if possible. Lunch will be eaten in a safe area with distancing.
- Large production photoshoots (10+ people) will have a dedicated safety person on-set who ensures procedures are followed.
- Unexpected visitors to the photoshoot location may result in delays or complete shut-down of the photoshoot.
- All crew and participants should travel to and from the photoshoot separately to limit exposure.
- Adhere to new guidelines as they emerge, as this issue is new and evolving
- Photoshoots will require extra time or produce less photos while implementing these policies & procedures. The less time in the studio or on location, the less risk of exposure.
- Clients will have the option to attend photoshoots remotely and review images for final approval. This will take extra time and may reduce the amount of photos produced since current technology is not as efficient as attending in-person.
- Location scouting is requested and will help produce an efficient and safe plan for the photoshoot.
- Location photoshoots will need a confirmed bathroom facility that will be available to all attendees.
- Lunch breaks will require extra consideration ahead of time to assure safety.
- Flexibility is important. We may need to adhere to different rules presented to us at the location.
Government and public health guidelines and restrictions and business and industry best practices regarding COVID-19 are changing rapidly as new information becomes available and further research is conducted. Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC reserves the right to modify this policy at any time in its sole discretion to adapt to changing circumstances and business needs, consistent with its commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
Enforcement and Non-Retaliation
Failure to comply with these social distancing measures may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment. (For Assistants and other workers hired by Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC)
If you witness or become aware of any employees or other individuals violating this policy, report them to Paul S. Bartholomew immediately.
Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC prohibits any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for reporting a violation of this policy or any other health and safety concern. Employees also have the right to report work-related injuries and illnesses. Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC will not discharge, discriminate, or otherwise retaliate against employees for reporting work-related injuries or illnesses.
Paul S. Bartholomew Photography, LLC is responsible for administering and enforcing this policy. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or if you have questions about health and safety that are not addressed in this policy, please contact Paul S. Bartholomew.